School Council Interview at St Clement's CofE Primary School
Herbie, a Year 6 pupil at St Clement's CofE Primary School, was recently interviewed via our online learning platform about his application to become a school council representative.
From his answers below, I am sure you will agree that Herbie will be a fanstastic role model to other pupils and we wish him all the very best in fulfilling his duties as a successful school council representative.
1. What made you apply for the school council representative post?
I applied to the post because I am a good listener and I always wanted to do the job.
2. What qualities make you a good candidate?
I take everyone’s opinions on board and I am an approachable member of year 6.
3. When writing your speech, where did you get your inspiration?
Well, I looked into famous speeches like ‘I have a dream’ by Martin Luther King and Einstein. I also included some quotes from Churchill - all inspirational leaders.
4. Why do you think your peers voted for you?
Because I am a good friend and companion and we have known one another for ages so they trust me.
5. How did you feel when you found out the results?
I couldn’t believe it; I was so happy and proud of myself.
6. What ideas are you hoping to take to your first meeting?
I’m hoping, firstly, to listen to the ideas of the other reps and, also, to talk to the candidates that stood in year 6 and take forward their ideas too.
7. What would you say to anyone thinking of applying next time?
Go for it! Do the best you can and remember, “You can’t succeed if you don’t try”.