NPQ in Leading Teacher Development
Accreditation: National Professional Qualification in Leading Teacher Development (NPQLTD)
Audience: Aspiring Middle Leader, Middle Leader, Aspiring Senior Leader, Senior Leader
Start Date: October 2023
Duration: 12 months
Apply by: 8th October 2023
Cost: DfE funded
If teaching pupils is a great responsibility, then the teaching of other teachers is equally important – and one that is more vital now than ever. Our NPQLTD will provide access to cutting-edge research, developed by people who know what teachers need. You’ll be supported in putting new research findings into practice immediately, implementing professional-development programmes that will have a direct impact on classroom teaching. You will learn to design and deliver effective professional development, to make evidence-informed development decisions and to tailor and adapt support based on individuals’ development needs. At the heart of it all will be your pupils. Everything you pass on to other teachers will ultimately ensure that your pupils receive the best education possible, and go on to live the fullest lives they possibly can.
- Essential knowledge: There is no fluff – every minute spent working towards an NPQLTD will enable you to make a greater impact in your job.
- Research-informed practice: You’ll have access to the latest and best evidence of what works in education, and will be able to apply this to creating a culture of continuous improvement in your school.
- More motivated pupils: Staff feel supported when their school invests time and effort in their development. And supported teachers mean happier, more motivated pupils.
- Managing workload: You’ll develop the skills to help staff plan lessons that meet pupils needs and encourage success, without creating unnecessary workload.
- Community of educators: You’ll be part of a diverse community of educators, all learning from one another during the course – and potentially afterwards, too.
- Fulfilment: The better and more knowledgeable you are at your job, the more enjoyable and exciting you will find it – and that enthusiasm will be passed on to your pupils.
What you’ll learn
- How to design and deliver effective professional development
- How to make informed, evidence-based decisions about professional development
- How to tailor and adapt support, based on individual development needs
How you’ll learn
The programme is made up of four modules, studied over 12 months. Each module contains a combination of self-study units, locally delivered in-person sessions, online masterclasses delivered by specialists, practice clinics and virtual visits to a school.
On average, participants will spend between one and two hours a week working towards the NPQLTD. Where possible, study should be done in dedicated career-development time during school hours