Professional Development Opportunities
Autumn Courses - New Courses - Professional Development & Governance
Recent feedback from our Safer Recruitment course held in April 2021
"Fantastic course. Lots of good information to pass back to all staff."
"Cheryl was very knowledgeable, happy to answer all questions and discuss a variety of issues relating to Safer recruitment."
Recent feedback from our Purposeful Talk held in March 2021 via Microsoft Teams:
"Fantastic course. This is an area that I am interested in. I am developing purposeful talk within my classroom and an environment where children are learning through talk and encouraged to talk especially in Maths. I would like to be considered for further training in this area should it be available."
"Excellent course. I've put into practice some of the recommendations and will follow a sequence of work David mentioned."
"Very informative course with lots of ideas. Thank you."
Our professional development programme is varied and is very much driven by you our audience.
The training we have provided over the last 12 months includes:
- Talk for Writing - Introduction to fiction https://www.talk4writing.co.uk/
- Talk for Writing - SPAG in context https://www.talk4writing.co.uk/
- Planning and Teaching for Greater Depth split into different year groups
- Word Aware http://thinkingtalking.co.uk/word-aware/
- Dyspraxia www.dyspraxia-ed.co.uk
- First Aid training
- Designing your Curriculum by Chris Quigley Education https://www.chrisquigley.co.uk/
- Work Smarter not Harder by MR P ICT https://www.mrpict.com/
- How to introduce Primary Computing
- Mathematical Learning Difficulties.
All have been very well received and we are always interested in hearing about areas that you wish your staff to have training in. The training sessions are supplied either on a whole day basis, half day basis or a twilight session, and we have broken an afternoon training session down into 2 twilight sessions to make it more accessible to all.
Comments about our professional development courses:
"This was easily the best course I have attended in years, please come back" - Talk for writing course
"All the little songs, games, claps to help the vocabulary stick is something I will be using." - Word Aware
There is also a series of governance training that we offer:
- New Governor Training over 2 evening sessions
- The role of the Safeguarding Governor
- Learning Walks - focus on the curriculum
- SEND governance
- Pupil Premium
- Statutory Assessment and the role of the Governor
These evening sessions last between 1 and 2 hours dependent on topic covered and are delivered in the autumn term and then in late spring, early summer term.
Comments about our Governance courses:
"Clear guidance given in an engaging manner, legislation can be such a dry topic but when shown the relevance with real life examples it became easier to remember." "The learning walk gave me a clearer idea of how the school operates, - very interesting."
Within our professional development programme we also host:
- GLOW maths work groups http://www.glowmathshub.com/
- NATRE work groups https://www.natre.org.uk/
- Subject Lead work groups
- NPQSL and NPQML training
We have a large number of specialist leaders of education who support us in our training packages as well as utilising the expertise of external training providers.