Professional Development Opportunities
Spring Courses - New David Barclay Courses - Professional Development
Autumn & Spring Courses - Governance Training
Recent feedback from our Mathematical learning difficulties and Dyscalculia course held on Monday 30th November 2020 via Microsoft Teams:
"Thank you very much. It has been very useful and has given me ideas I could incorporate."
"Thank you, that has been great a help. My group rely heavily on visuals, will try them with Mathsbot."
"Thanks - really useful and lots of ideas and resources!"
Recent feedback from our Dyspraxia course held on Tuesday 17th December and Tuesday 1st December 2020 via Microsoft Teams:
"Thank you for this evening -- definitely food for thought. Already have a few in mind to keep an eye on. :)"
"No questions but I have learnt a lot. This has been fantastic, thanks."
"Thanks a lot! Its been very useful."
Our professional development programme is varied and is very much driven by you our audience.
The training we have provided over the last 12 months includes:
- Talk for Writing - Introduction to fiction https://www.talk4writing.co.uk/
- Talk for Writing - SPAG in context https://www.talk4writing.co.uk/
- Planning and Teaching for Greater Depth split into different year groups
- Word Aware http://thinkingtalking.co.uk/word-aware/
- Dyspraxia www.dyspraxia-ed.co.uk
- First Aid training
- Designing your Curriculum by Chris Quigley Education https://www.chrisquigley.co.uk/
- Work Smarter not Harder by MR P ICT https://www.mrpict.com/
- How to introduce Primary Computing
- Mathematical Learning Difficulties.
All have been very well received and we are always interested in hearing about areas that you wish your staff to have training in. The training sessions are supplied either on a whole day basis, half day basis or a twilight session, and we have broken an afternoon training session down into 2 twilight sessions to make it more accessible to all.
Comments about our professional development courses:
"This was easily the best course I have attended in years, please come back" - Talk for writing course
"All the little songs, games, claps to help the vocabulary stick is something I will be using." - Word Aware
There is also a series of governance training that we offer:
- New Governor Training over 2 evening sessions
- The role of the Safeguarding Governor
- Learning Walks - focus on the curriculum
- SEND governance
- Pupil Premium
- Statutory Assessment and the role of the Governor
These evening sessions last between 1 and 2 hours dependent on topic covered and are delivered in the autumn term and then in late spring, early summer term.
Comments about our Governance courses:
"Clear guidance given in an engaging manner, legislation can be such a dry topic but when shown the relevance with real life examples it became easier to remember." "The learning walk gave me a clearer idea of how the school operates, - very interesting."
Within our professional development programme we also host:
- GLOW maths work groups http://www.glowmathshub.com/
- NATRE work groups https://www.natre.org.uk/
- Subject Lead work groups
- NPQSL and NPQML training
We have a large number of specialist leaders of education who support us in our training packages as well as utilising the expertise of external training providers.