Curriculum focused on sustainability
We are a family of schools that celebrate our individual character. Our schools may have different systems, pedagogies and climates, but we aim to share the same learning culture. Fundamentally, we understand the need to focus on learning and the impact of teaching.
Our refined framework is an exciting opportunity to deliver a cohesive curriculum across our family of schools, a curriculum that is rooted in our vision to teach children to love, learn, live as a global citizen in an ever-changing world and has important Sustainable Development Goals embedded throughout.
Our enhanced curriculum is one that considers equality, climate change, the legacy we both inherit and leave, clean energy, recycling, life in our oceans and on land and health as key elements of focus that will give our children the start they need to begin to make a marked impact on our world.
There are 6 key elements of learning within our curriculum founded on sustainability goals. These elements are key attributes and skills which we aim to instil in our pupils which will enable them to love, learn, live as a global citizen in an ever-changing world.
The 6 elements and key actions are:
- Knowledge - To know more, remember more and be able to do more for the benefit of humanity and the planet.
- Equality - To know that everyone’s human rights should be protected and respected.
- Innovation - To look at things in different ways and find solutions when faced with a challenge.
- Legacy - To learn from the past in order to protect our planet now and in the future.
- Partnership - To know that greater change can happen when we work together.
- Sustainability - To promote the careful use of resources so that they are available in the future.