Join our family of schools
Rivers CofE Academy Trust is an outward-looking trust and we welcome contact from individual schools and groups of schools considering conversion to academy status.
Established in 2014 from 2 schools and a sponsored school, we have grown to incorporate a purpose built free school, converter and sponsored schools. Each school has its own identity, demographic and challenges, however we all share the same vision and values. With such a variety of schools in our family, we have developed a unique understanding of how to best support and improve each schools journey to excellence.
We are a trust of choice with a very strong educational track record. As a result of our reputation, we carry out reviews, such as SEND, PP and EYFS, for other schools and trusts across the West Midlands and beyond.
Effective school improvement and raising standards is a major advantage of being a member of The Rivers C.of E. Academy Trust. We work in partnership with all schools to provide additional support but also additional challenge to ensure schools are accountable and achieving the best outcomes.
Read more about our offer to prospective schools in the Trust Service Prospectus.
What you can expect from joining the Trust
Improving pupil outcomes
One of the main advantages of joining a multi-academy trust is the shared responsibility to meet rising expectations which results in better pupil progress and attainment.
- We are an established sponsored trust, supporting schools in special measures. Inadequate schools we have sponsored have greatly improved.
- In-house school improvement
- A shared focus on developing teaching and learning brought together through the strategic plan
- School Improvement Lead is also Assistant Maths Hub lead for GLOW Maths hub
- Opportunities to find and fund specialist expertise
- Richer enrichment opportunities for pupils
- Safeguarding expertise
- Curriculum framework - a standardised curriculum based on sustainable development goals to improve standards.
- Sharing best practice and resources
- Assessment & moderation - shared assessment system and trained moderators. Moderation across and between schools
Economies of scale
Collective purchasing made possible within larger groups, helping schools to cope better with shrinking budgets.
- Robust financial management
- Financial stability and controls
- Estates management
- Central support teams - Finance, Procurement, Marketing, Digital, Operations and HR
- MAT wide policies
Governance and leadership
High-quality executive leadership to support and challenge the school.
- National representation and perspective - our CEO sits on Regional Schools Commissioner's Headteacher Board and National Headteacher Reference Group
- Strengthened governance
- The Trust is governed by a skilled group of trustees and members
- School Improvement Boards (SIBs) in each school and brought together for a range of specialist training
- Strong leadership - the Trust is led by strong, ambitious and determined leaders with a clear moral purpose to deliver the best possible outcomes for ALL children not just those within the Trust:
- 2 Lead OFSTED inspectors
- 2 OFSTED inspectors
- 4 Pupil Premium reviewers
- 2 SEND reviewers
- Governor reviewer
- SIP team who work externally and internally
- Director of Finance is SRMA and qualified accountant
- Challenge and support - shared strategic thinking, planning and expertise for school leaders, governors and teachers to tackle challenges together
Collaboration and opportunities for staff
Network of school leaders working on curriculum development & enrichment opportunities. We work together as a family of schools for the good of all children in the Trust not just the individual school.
Staff have many opportunities to work with other schools across the Trust.
- Recruitment & retention
- Succession planning and Talent management
- Continued Professional Development - increased options for shared professional development whether led by staff from one of the partner schools or an outside body
- Teaching Alliance
- In-house and external courses
- SCITT trainees
- Strategic partner of Prince Henry’s Teaching School Hub