Claim your free school meal
If you receive benefits and financial support, then your child may be entitled to Free School Meals.
Are you eligible for Free School Meals?
If you get any of the following support payments your child may be entitled to receive free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act, 1999
- Child Tax Credit and your annual income is less than £16,190
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit and your annual household income is £7,400 per annum (£616 per month) or less after-tax, and not including any benefits.
If you think you are entitled to claim a Free School Meal, it is essential you apply.
Apply through your local authority website:
Alternatively, contact your school directly.
Your school will benefit from your free school meal application.
Schools receive Pupil Premium funding, for each child eligible for free school meals.
This extra money is used in a variety of creative and innovative ways to help support individual pupils and the whole school community.
For each eligible child, the school receives funding for the next six years, even if their parents/carers’ situation changes.
Please apply for free school meals if you are eligible, so your child’s school can access extra funding to enrich learning and improve progress and outcomes for children.