Great Witley graded ‘Good’ in church school inspection
On 30th June, Great Witley CE Primary School had a Church School Inspection, and we are delighted to announce the outcome was ‘Good’ in all areas.
The Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools (SIAMS) is to see how effective the school’s distinctive Christian vision is established and promoted by leadership at all levels, in enabling pupils and adults to flourish.
“Great Witley is rooted in its vision of loving, learning and living. It is a community where all ages grow and where flourishing is secured.” SIAMS report June 2022
The inspector spent the day in school, observing lessons and collective worship and speaking to staff, pupils and parents about the Christian ethos of the school and how this has impacted on school development.
The inspector was particularly impressed with;
- ‘Excellent curriculum provision excites and inspires staff and pupils alike’
- ‘Support for those who have additional needs and for positive mental health and wellbeing is exemplary. Staff, including support staff, are unstinting in their determination that all are understood, all feel valued and so all are able to learn’
- Pupils flourish and are delightful young citizens with a mature desire to make a difference in the world.
- Staff are highly motivated and benefit from the partnerships with other schools in the trust.
- The curriculum is rich, creatively crafted, and gives appropriate focus on global sustainability. This innovative approach means pupils think widely about their place in our world.
- Relationships across all the ages are founded on acceptance and love. There is a palpable sense of harmony and mutual respect.
“I want to say thank you and well done to all the children, staff, school improvement board members and parents/families who supported us with this.” Kate Ramsey, Head of School.