Next available course:
Book here for Safer Recruitment 05/04/2022 08.30-16.00 at Rivers Teaching Alliance, Henwick Road, Worcester, WR2 5NS.
Why this course is needed?
The need for Safer Recruitment was illustrated by the Soham case and the findings and recommendations contained in Sir Michael Bichard’s report into that case (2004). Many of the same issues were addressed in Sir Norman Warner’s 1992 report Choosing with Care which examined recruitment and selection in residential children’s homes.
This workshop aims to:
- Give participants an awareness and understanding of offender behaviour
- Identify the key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- Consider policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting
- Explore the elements that contribute to an ongoing culture of vigilance
- Help participants begin to review their own and their organisation’s policies and practices with a view to making them safer
Staff involved in recruiting staff in schools, academies and colleges. This will likely include teachers, headteachers, governors or HR staff.
Recent feedback from our Safer Recruitment course held in April 2021
"Fantastic course. Lots of good information to pass back to all staff."
"Cheryl was very knowledgeable, happy to answer all questions and discuss a variety of issues relating to Safer recruitment."