First aid for mental health
Next available course:
Why is this course needed?
It provides learners with the knowledge to identify suspected mental health conditions, as well as the skills to start a conversation and be able to signpost a person towards professional help.
- Know what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of the first aider for mental health.
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition.
- Know how to recognise and manage stress.
- Know how to recognise a range of mental health conditions.
- Providing advice and starting a conversation.
This course is suitable for everyone within a workplace.