First aid at work (FAW)
Next available course:
Book here for First Aid At Work (FAW) course on Tuesday 26th January 2022 & 16th February 2022 from 08.30-14.30 at Rivers Teaching Alliance, Henwick Road, Worcester, WR2 5NS. It is this link for Full or ReQualification course.
Cost: £150 Full / £110 Requalification
Why is this course needed?
The First Aid at Work programme focuses on emergency care and first aid for those who become sick or injured at work. The programme of learning is designed to meet the requirements of the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 (as amended). The syllabus is based entirely on meeting the competencies outlined within the guidance and is arranged in a logical way to progress learning and increase long term skill retention. Annual skills refreshers are recommended to maintain competence of workplace first aiders.
This workshop aims to:
- Give participants an awareness and understanding of offender behaviour
- Identify the key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- Consider policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting
- Explore the elements that contribute to an ongoing culture of vigilance
- Help participants begin to review their own and their organisation’s policies and practices with a view to making them safer
The full FAW course
This is aimed at new staff/first aiders and runs over 18 hours (3 days). There is 1 day of the course as online learning, and 2 days face to face training. The FAW qualification is certified for 3 years and must be renewed within one month of the certification end date.
For current FAW certificate holders whose certificate is current and within one month of expiration there is a re-qualification programme which meets the criteria as laid down by the HSE. This course is 12 hours (2 days) face to face.
“Cheryl was amazing: her teaching was so clear, and was provided with lots of information in a way it could be retained. Would be confident in a practical situation. Thank you.”
“Lots of information imparted in a clear way with humour. The anecdotes and examples definitely help you remember. Thank you.”
“Excellent two days. Would be happy to attend again!”