Next available course:
Why is this course needed?
To enable you to have a basic understanding of applicable risk management in the workplace, understand basic fire development and develop procedures to help keep your school safe.
- Understand basic fire development and extinction principles.
- Recognise common causes of fire in the workplace.
- Outline control measures for good fire risk management.
- Develop an understanding of passive and active fire safety measures.
- Identify a schedule of workplace fire safety inspections.
- Be able to identify, select the appropriate portable fire extinguisher.
- Understand principles of and be able to assist with a fire safety risk assessment.